To view 2006 Balanced Scorecard measures
place your cursor over one of the "perspective" boxes (below) and
click with your left mouse button.
The Balanced Scorecard approach balances these four distinct perspectives:
- Financial Perspective Alone Looks Backward
- Customer Perspective Does Not Account for Constraints or Controls
- Internal Process Perspective Focuses on Process Performance
- Innovation & Learning Perspective Looks at Sustainability and Workforce "Wellness"
Use of the Balanced Scorecard in Business Affairs encourages:
- Alignment of Customer Priorities & Business Priorities
- Ability to Track Progress Over Time
- Evaluation of Process Changes
- Identify Opportunities for Initiatives & Partnerships
- Accountability to Constituents
- Develop Action Plans & Set Strategic Direction